Wednesday, December 10, 2008

How to Improve Your Marriage Without Talking


So, I'm out in the stacks pulling holds when one book catches my eye. That's right, How to Improve Your Marriage Without Talking. I was a little perplexed. My hubby and I have been at this for 15+ years and I find talking crucial to communication.

Joke book that's blank? Not likely in a library. Did my dad write a book without telling anyone? Maybe it's a book about adding small gestures of affection- you know, roses, notes, vacuuming, whatever. Or maybe it's a brown paper bag manual about improving your sex life.

Hmmm.... My curiosity piqued, I found the book- How to Improve Your Marriage Without Talking About It. The last couple of words didn't fit on the page. Similar concept but not nearly as interesting.

On a separate note:

A girl was researching Christmas in other cultures at the library. Her mom says to her,"What country do you want to research?" The little girl responds, "How about Utah? Can I do Utah?" I'm not sure if the exchange had more to do with the state of our education or the state of Utah.

No comments: