Monday, November 10, 2008

First the Axe, Now the Leather


So, my hubby and I went out strolling on a beautiful November Day and came home with a leather motorcycle jacket. We popped into a great little vintage shop and there it was, waiting- 50 bucks, just the right size. He tried it on and it was over. My eyelids fluttered involuntarily and if I had long hair, I would have tossed it.

He slid on the jacket and we headed out the door. Suddenly, female eyes were upon us. Now, I'm not paranoid but they were everywhere giving long, pointed looks. I felt vaguely inadequate to the allure of the jacket. If I had known, I would've spritzed up a little in its presence.

I'm mildly embarrassed by the ease of our seduction. A little leather and it's over. I think someone elses wife made them give up the female catnip. I, personally, will rest a little easier knowing that in the event of my untimely demise, he is equipped to re-enter the dating pool but until then, he's mine.

First, he picked up the guitar, now, I've equipped him with the jacket and I'm hearing rumblings about a motorcycle but I'm standing firm. No motorcycle unless it's a his and her set. Although, maybe we should get one and he can hang onto my back in his little jacket. He would be a nice accessory for my midlife crisis bike.

No comments: