Monday, February 23, 2009

George


The car's invisibility shield must be down because this is the second speeding ticket I've gotten in the last month. The officer was very nice.

"This is my dream car. I just love it. That is one beautiful machine. If I had this car, I would love it and wash it and pet it and I would call it George." She stroked the side of the car.

There is something slightly unnerving about a police officer quoting a Bugs Bunny cartoon, fondling your car, and then giving you a ticket. I think maybe she should have paid me.

Sadly, with the economy down and the police department looking to me to augment their budgetary constraints, I've gotta reign in George. It's cruise control for me, baby. Sorry, George, you've been a bad, bad, boy.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Um... George was only following the directions of that heavy foot of yours on the accelerator.... baby did a bad bad thing.