Wednesday, February 18, 2009

SWM Looking for Any


Ten minutes before closing, a man in his 40's leans across the counter and hands me his DVDs. He gets himself comfortable before he begins his "I'm such a sad sack" spiel. The alcohol on his breath left vapor trails. He called up his X-girlfriend on Valentines Day to see if she had a nice time with his best friend. Yada yada yada. I think he was trying to work his magic here. It was all I could do to resist.

Can our computers access singles sites? He then gives me his hook for the singles site. (Which I won't share because why kick a guy when he's doing it just fine on his own and he seems to be enjoying it.) Truthfully, I told him it needed some work, especially the part about the racoon. He assured me that pathetic had always worked for him before. To which I might add: not so much.

1 comment:

alison said...

Patrick gave me your blog and I'm a subscriber.

This reminds me of an experience I had last night. I was entering some addresses in a spread sheet and ran across a neighbor of mine. He is single and makes it well known, like the pulpit at church. I entered his email address and it was "virtually available". Makes me want to share his email address with my single friends...not really.