Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dorian Gray and Mrs. X

I attended the same church as Mrs. X and we carpooled together. I gave her kids a tour of the library.
"Bookworm, hi! I was just wondering if you could help me? We live over in unincorporated city and so I can only check out ten items. That makes it really difficult with home school. Sometimes ten just isn't enough. Is there anything you can do about that?"
"Nothing I can do about the designation but if your kids don't have cards you can sign them up and then they're eligible for ten items each, as well."
"Golly gee, that's swell!"
My coworker gave me stink eye and flagged me down after my exchange with Mrs. X. "Did she ask you about checking out more items?"
"Yep, I just told her to get her kids library cards. Why?"
"She came in last night and was so rude. She ranted at two of us about not being able to check out more videos. We neglected to tell her about getting additional cards."

1 comment:

Patrick said...

I've been spoiled with the almost daily updates.

DON'T LET ME DOWWWWN. DON'T LET ME DOOOOWWN.