Tuesday, May 5, 2009

La La La La


Summer is upon us. My Kids Club just ended and as much as I enjoyed the little ones, I was looking forward to a break. It looks like the powers that be have other ideas- other ideas like Twinkle Babies.

Twinkle Babies is a class for the wee little ones, 1-22 months. So, what that means is... now I get to look forward to singing and fingerplays. Singing to a room full of adults and their infants. Singing somewhat nervously and off key with dubious lyrics. I guess this means I can't just mouth wa-ter-me-lon. The babies won't know the difference but the adults might.

Wonder how long it will take them to realize what a truly hideous mistake they've made. Meanwhile, I better bone up on "Rock A Bye Baby" -on second thought maybe not the best action song. "Row Row Row Your Boat" -rats! I only know the "throw your teacher over the boat" version.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

UM... the version I know is, "throw your teacher overboard." Where did you learn 'throw your teacher over the boat'? Were you a bunch of little body builders or something?