Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mixed Tape


Back in the day, you didn't make a mixed tape just for anyone. And if you got a mixed tape, it wasn't just a mixed tape, it was a mystery. What exactly did "Sister Christian" mean as the second song on the B side?

So I'm a little confused. A patron has now made me two CD mixes. A Valentine's Day Mix (duplicated from his girlfriend's copy) and an all jazz mix (Get 'er Done Mix-for house cleaning-not making this up).

He makes no secret of his S.O. He seems like a really nice guy. But let's just say I get a gold star when it comes to misinterpreting mixed tapes. It's a miracle I married. So, I'm asking you- weird or nice? What's a gal to do?

On second thought, what does it matter? I'm not a thirteen year old girl anymore. Empathy get thee hence.

3 comments:

TnD said...

A mix CD I sent to Dave when we were broken up (the second time) kept him holding on until we reunited. Funny thing is he had completely misinterpreted one of the songs, Spring Wind by Greg Brown, and that was his motivation for hanging on. My advice is this: whatever the motivation, free music is free music, roll with it.

Book Worm said...

Love it. I'm learning to move out of my head and into my feet.

Anonymous said...

Take the music but look in the back seat before you drive home and never use the same route twice.